PlayPass is a global leader in providing software solutions such as Access Control, Cashless Payments, Accreditation Management and Data Management/Analysis. Our solutions include the necessary hardware and wearables like cards or wristbands.
PlayPass offers these solutions towards the entertainment industry to enhance the visitors’ experience and to allow organizers to efficiently manage their event. PlayPass creates the missing link between the visitor, the organizers, the retailers and the sponsors.
PlayPass is a rapidly growing company with an entrepreneurial spirit and ambitious plans. Following a breakthrough year in 2018, PlayPass is undergoing rapid worldwide expansion and acquiring a large and diverse portfolio of clients for the year ahead.
A passionate and devoted team bundles its strengths to develop and implement our innovative solutions and services. The further growth makes this a very exciting time to join PlayPass.
Will you be part of the software development team as Android Developer?
As an Android developer you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the software that runs on our devices.
- You will write Android applications in Java and Kotlin that are built on Gitlab CI.
- You will develop Java libraries that will be shared between our different applications running on Android and Java systems.
- You will sometimes write low level code that talks to NFC readers, USB devices, Bluetooth devices, ...
- You will write unit and integration tests to assure the quality of our software.
- You will think together with the team and provide feedback on how to improve the UX of our products.
- You will support our teams in the field by answering their questions and creating tools that makes their work easier.
From a technical point of view:
- You have a minimum of two years of experience developing Android applications
- You write quality software, including unit and integration tests
- Experience with NFC is a plus
- Preferably you have a basic knowledge of hardware
- Experience with Kotlin is an asset
- Knowledge of JavaFX is a plus
From a general point of view:
- You are an analytical thinker and a born problem solver
- You can quickly absorb new technologies
- You are flexible and prepared to occasionally take on service calls outside office hours (but try to avoid them by building quality solutions)
- You are fluent in English, every other language is an asset
In return for your expertise and commitment, PlayPass offers a challenging, varied and responsible job in a deeply technical environment in an exciting sector, at the forefront of innovation in the entertainment industry. You will be part of a young, entrepreneurial, dedicated and enthusiastic team.
PlayPass offers a competitive remuneration package. Both a freelance contract and an employee contract can be negotiated.
As the cashless payments market is still at an early stage, this is a truly unique opportunity to grow with PlayPass over the coming years.