PlayPass is a global leader in providing software solutions such as Access Control, Cashless Payments, Accreditation Management and Data Management/Analysis. Our solutions include the necessary hardware and wearables like cards or wristbands.
PlayPass offers these solutions towards the entertainment industry to enhance the visitors’ experience and to allow organizers to efficiently manage their event. PlayPass creates the missing link between the visitor, the organizers, the retailers and the sponsors.
PlayPass is a rapidly growing company with an entrepreneurial spirit and ambitious plans. Following a breakthrough year in 2018, PlayPass is undergoing rapid worldwide expansion and acquiring a large and diverse portfolio of clients for the year ahead.
A passionate and devoted team bundles its strengths to develop and implement our innovative solutions and services. The further growth makes this a very exciting time to join PlayPass.
Will you be part of the software development team as a Ruby Developer?
You have a desire to build a product not just a client project and think about the long-term continuity of the product.
More concretely you will
- Participate in the full software development life cycle including gathering specs, analysis, design, development, quality assurance and testing, and debugging
- Develop, design, implement and integrate new applications while providing support and continual development and maintenance of existing applications
- Participate in daily stand-ups with Development team members
- Work under tight production deadlines, while maintaining product integrity and ensuring that product specs and quality expectations are achieved
- Identify software performance issues and creatively work to problem solve
- Implement coding best practices and maintain good code organization
- Participate in experimental/proof of concepts and determine their viability to bring them into production
From a technical point of view:
- You have an extensive knowledge of Ruby
- You are familiar with Rails and/or other Rack frameworks like Grape and Sinatra
- You have strong TDD and Git skills
- You have experience with writing multi tenant applications
- You are familiar with SQL (Postgresql)
- You are experienced with continuous integration
- Knowledge of payment gateways and queueing systems (RabbitMQ/Sidekiq) are a plus
From a general point of view:
- You have experience with developing software in a team
- You have a natural interest in new technologies
- You are not afraid of frontend technologies – React/GraphQL
- You are an analytical thinker and a born problem solver
- You have an agile mindset
- You can quickly absorb new technologies
- You are fluent in English, every other language is an asset
In return for your expertise and commitment, PlayPass offers a challenging, varied and responsible job in a deeply technical environment in an exciting sector, at the forefront of innovation in the entertainment industry. You will be part of a young, entrepreneurial, dedicated and enthusiastic team.
PlayPass offers a competitive remuneration package. Both a freelance contract and an employee contract can be negotiated.
As the cashless payments market is still at an early stage, this is a truly unique opportunity to grow with PlayPass over the coming years.